Tuesday, 25 March 2014

 
Evening book run to the downtown branch of the library, one of my long-time favourite places in Kingston.  I remember when it was around the corner, at the corner of  Brock and Wellington streets.  The kids' section had several large bell jars with stuffed birds; I have always wondered where they went.  Every now and then as I look for books for my children, I come across a book I read as a child.  Often they don't look any older at all.  This "new" building is very elegant, although someone could write a term paper on the current mislabelling of the front doors.




This winter would have been a lot easier at work if we'd had the foresight to make sure this old snowblower was working before the snow came.  By the time we found that the PTOs didn't match up it was too late; solid mounds of snow were encroaching from all sides.  At least a family of mice made use of the toolbox for the season!




Near our house on Pt Pleasant they are expanding the water treatment plant, using a couple of these site dump trucks:




And across the road this corn has finally been harvested.  Our boys keep asking asking why it was left standing, but my agricultural knowledge doesn't extend that far.


No comments:

Post a Comment