Monday, 2 December 2013

This was the view from my office window on Wednesday morning, where I work at Gladstone Farm.  A grand morning to be working outside; who doesn't like to plow snow with a tractor?



Down in the paddock Ben(left) and Buddy(right) having breakfast.  In my experience every stable has a horse called Buddy, and he's always the oldest horse in the barn!



Of course all that hay goes somewhere, mostly into the manure pile, which can get pretty warm and steamy waiting to be removed!  If I remember correctly, the writer Katherine Mansfield lived above a stables while staying with Gurdjieff at Fontainebleau because it used to be thought that the manure vapors were good for tuberculosis.  It didn't help her, but it seems I'm unlikely to get it!



No comments:

Post a Comment